Since we’re still in the midst of winter I figured it would be the perfect time to share some of my favourite makeup products of the season! I was lucky enough to be given a few new products for Christmas, and I also picked up a few things for myself.
1) Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper: Okay, so for starters Bite Beauty is my favourite lipstick brand, everything they make is amazing. I especially love the Amuse Bouche lipsticks because they smell heavenly and they’re so moisturizing which is perfect for the winter. The shade is the prettiest dark nude and goes with any makeup!
2) MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Chili: I’ve been obsessed with warm/orangey tones so this was a must have for me. It’s a great alternative to the Tarte Quick dry Matte liquid lipstick in XOXO and because its a matte lipstick but not liquid its much less drying!
3) NUDESTIX What’s your matte Reds + Nudes: I bought this set from Sephora because I had been itching to try Nudestix and seriously they did not disappoint! These shades are so pretty, lightweight and long wearing. It’s also such a good deal! The products are nearly the same size as the full size (2.5 gram vs. the full size at 2.8g) at a fraction of the price. The set is 28$ CAD!
4) Fenty Beauty Foudation: I waited for soooooo long for this to get restocked, so when it did I jumped on it! I had heard the most amazing things about this and I have to agree. First off the colour match is spot on! The consistency is super thin and kind of watery which I love and it provides really nice coverage. The only downside is that its a matte foundation so I have to make sure I really moisturize beforehand.
5) Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: I actually loved this so much its empty! Its so hydrating and doesn’t crease under my eyes which is ideal (eye-deal.. see what I did there?). It’s a bit pricier in terms of the amount that you get, but to me it was well worth it!
6) NARS Laguna Bronzer: I got this in a points redemption and I can’t get enough. Something I’ve always loved about NARS powders is how smooth they are, and how well they sit on my skin. I’ve been using this along with my Hoola Lite for added depth + warmth. I’ll definitely be purchasing the full size when I run out.
7) Too Faced Hangover Primer: This is such a great primer – honestly I am so picky with primers because my skin breaks out so easily but I’ve had zero problems and it actually helps my makeup stay put and look great!
8) Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Palette: I was given this for Christmas and I can’t get enough. I love Tarte as a brand, and these shadows are pigmented, smooth, blend well and smell like cake! Whats not to love?
Do you switch up or favour different products in different seasons? If so what have you been loving this winter? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,